Mission Statement: Sharing Christ’s love through faith.
Vision Statement: Over the next year as a means of making disciples for Jesus Christ, for the transformation of the world, Faith United Methodist Church of Delmont will be:
- Ensuring a biblical and spiritual worship experiences.
- Exploring the need for a Contemporary Worship Service.
- Continuing the Hospitality Ministry by reaching out in the the community through the Lenten Fish & More Dinners, Christmas in Salem Crossroads, Delmont Daze, funeral dinners, and other social events.
- Continuing to build an energized youth program.
- Incorporating technology with an emphasis on maintaining our website.
- Diversifying and expanding opportunities for Christian Education, for all ages, using a variety of learning and teaching resources (including technology).
- Exploring new innovative ways to evangelize, while maintaining a personal connection (i.e. more intentional in welcoming visitors with information and a gift.)
- Continuing to create an environment and opportunities where all people can live out their passion for Jesus Christ (caring, nurturing, supporting, forgiving, and loving one another).
- Increasing our involvement in missions, justice (such as racial & gender inclusion and needs for the mentally and/or physically challenged), and outreach ministries (local and global).
- Educating our church family regarding financial, psychological, and other available crises resources for people in need, as advocated by the United Methodist tradition.
- Effective/responsible stewards of our time, talents, and treasure/money.
- Developing new ministries as our church continues to grow and considering the possible physical expansion of our church facility.
- (Updated at the Church Council Planning Session on June 4, 2016)